Postdoctoral Teaching and Research Associate, Vienna University for Economics and Business (WU)31-03-2023 11:18
We are announcing an open position at WU Vienna, Institute for Economic and Social History - full-time, 40 hours/week, starting August 15, 2023, and ending after 6 years, application by April 12, 2023, here: https://www.wu.ac.at/en/careers/careers-at-wu/current-job-openings/?yid=1693
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the institute's teaching and research agenda at the intersection between economic history, economics and other social sciences, with priority given to candidates with a research interest in historical perspectives on economic development/growth and/or international economics/political economy. S/he will work closely with other researchers at the Institute for Economic and Social History and is expected to produce high-quality research in the field.
What to expect
* Development of an internationally oriented research profile in Economic and Social History
* Publications in relevant high-quality outlets and presentations at relevant international conferences
* Teaching at BSc and MSc level (usually 4h/week per semester) and collaboration in the development of the institute’s teaching portfolio
* Collaboration in and independent supervision of BSc and MSc theses
* Participation in teaching and research administration within the academic self-administration at WU
* Independent and/or collaborative preparation of applications for third-party funded research projects
What you have to offer
* PhD/doctorate in Economic and Social History or equivalent (with focus on economic and social history)
* Research focus on topics relating to Economic and Social History especially at the intersection between Economic and Social History and economic development/growth and/or international economics/political economy
* Excellent command of quantitative empirical methods of the economic and social sciences
* Excellent spoken and written English skills; German skills are not requited, but prior knowledge of German will be an advantage, as it improves flexibility in teaching at WU
* Experience in university settings
* Experience in university teaching
* Willingness to use multimedia teaching methods: You have experience in using multimedia teaching and learning formats or are at least willing to learn
* Publications in relevant quality outlets, presentations at relevant international conferences and/or experience in applying for competitive research grants will be of advantage, although they are not strictly required for the position.
What we offer you
* A top business and economics university with renowned experts on the faculty and a diverse range of subjects, triple accredited
* Excellent infrastructure, both technologically and architecturally, and a wide range of WU service units
* Diversity and appreciation in an open-minded, inclusive and family-friendly environment
* Inspiring campus life with over 2,400 employees in research, teaching, and administration and approximately 21,500 students on a conveniently located, architecturally unique campus in the heart of Vienna
The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to €4,351.90 (14 times per year). This salary may be adjusted based on equivalent prior work experience. In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive social benefits.
Please submit your application by 12 April 2023 (ID 1693).