Bennett Boskey Fellowship in Global History, Exeter College - University of Oxford06-04-2021 10:51
Exeter College (part of the University of Oxford) invites applications for the Bennett Boskey Fellowship in Global History. The Fellowship, which is strictly temporary, will be tenable for a period of up to 36 months (with effect from 1 September 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter (by negotiation)).
The main duties of the post are to:
- engage in advanced study and research;
- undertake tutorial or class teaching of undergraduates of Exeter College and the Williams-Exeter Programme at Oxford, up to a maximum of 144 ‘weighted’ hours per annum (i.e. six ‘weighted’ hours per week, averaged over the three eight-week Terms of the academic year);
- set and mark College examinations;
- submit termly reports on students taught;
- provide pastoral care for students;
- assess and interview in the undergraduate admissions process, and to participate in outreach and access initiatives as appropriate;
- undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required to support the teaching of History at the College; and
- participate in the governance of the College as a member of the Governing Body (and therefore a Trustee).
The successful candidate will have:
(a) A research record of international standing, appropriate to the stage of the candidate’s career, with evidence of, or evidence of potential for producing, research of international standing in History;
(b) The proven ability, or the potential, to provide excellent tutorial and small group teaching in a range of undergraduate topics;
(c) The ability to undertake College administration and duties; and
(d) A PhD, or equivalent, in History. (Candidates must have been awarded a doctorate as a result of a viva voce examination (or equivalent doctoral defense) held between 1 October 2017 and 30 June 2021 (inclusive))
The Lecturer will be appointed on Grade 7 of the University’s salary scale for academic staff (currently £32,817 - £40,322 per annum), at a point dependent on experience. In addition to salary, a range of other generous benefits are available, as set out in the Further Particulars.
Further Particulars may be downloaded from the Exeter College website at: https://www.exeter.ox.ac.uk/vacancies/bennett-boskey-fellowship-in-global-history/
How to Apply
Candidates are encouraged to submit all application materials by email, to the HR Officer at vacancies[at]exeter.ox.ac.uk. If possible, applications should be submitted as a single PDF file.
Candidates should ask their referees to write directly to the HR Officer, vacancies[at]exeter.ox.ac.uk, and should supply each referee with a copy of the Further Particulars.
The closing date for applications, and the last date for receipt of references direct from referees, is 12pm noon (BST) on Monday 3 May 2021. It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that their application and references arrive before the deadline.
Exeter College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
Salary: £32,817 to £40,322 per annum (plus other benefits)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Placed On: 25.3.2021